Sunday, April 24, 2016

New Quotables - David Bowie and Prince

It's been a long time since I've posted. I know.

I know.

I've been working on . . . things. And reading. And painting. And all the things.

I wanted to share my newest Quotables with you.

I have been mourning David Bowie, in my own way, as many of us have. When I'm working through something, it is good for me to remember the words of Neil Gaiman. "MAKE GOOD ART." Making art is a way I've found to process a loss, so I decided to make a Quotable of David as Ziggy Stardust. Because Spiders from Mars, yo.

It took me a while to complete. Because David. I mean, seriously.


And then Prince died. He just DIED. How is this possible? To lose both of these artists in the same year? I cried a lot about this. So I had to paint Prince too.


I hope they bring you a little joy.

You can buy prints of David and prints of Prince -- Prince prints -- in my shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?