Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mad Max: Fury Road Fan Art!

So I've been thinking about doing some fan arts for a while now, and I thought my intense love for Mad Max: Fury Road would be the perfect way to wet my feet in the whole fan art arena. I've been working a lot with Painter15 for my Patreon series, so I thought I would use it for these, considering how gritty George Miller's film is, I think the style lends itself to portraying the atmosphere of this world. I love line and I love texture, so we'll see how they turn out.

Here are the first four in the series.

FURIOSA. Because she's the best protag I've seen in a film in a while. Charlize Theron. Wow.


MAX. Because it's Max. You know? Even if he is just a blood bag at first.


 NUX. Because his character arc is the most dramatic and he shows the greatest change throughout the course of the film. I'll be playing with some religious imagery when it comes to Nux. He's a religious zealot, and also ends up becoming a savior character. This first piece is inspired by the first time we see him, sitting in the Blood Shed and getting a transfusion. Before he knows what a lovely day this is going to be.


NUX again. Because I love this quote, and the crazy eyes he flashes at Slit when he pronounces his own eventual fate at the very beginning of his part of the story.


Let me know what you think. Also, if you would be interested in prints of this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?