Thursday, April 2, 2015

New Science Fiction Short Story on Patreon

The new short story is up on Patreon. This week it's . . . well, let's just say it's experimental in form.

Here's a preview:


CASE #1472-32

A Dreamscapes Story
by Alicia VanNoy Call

"My washer broke the week before and I had a job interview the next day. It was really important that I look nice, you know? Professional. My mom always said, 'Look your best and God will take care of the rest.' I don't know about the God part, but looking your best, you know, I think that's good advice."

"Alright, what happened next?"

"I was there, pulling my laundry out of the washer. You know, sort of leaning into the tub to get the socks stuck to the bottom. He came up behind me and just grabbed me."

"What did you do?"

"What do you think? I screamed bloody murder."

"Then what?"

“I was kicking and screaming and I elbowed him in the ribs and he kinda grunted. My mom always said to fight. You've got to fight. She told me once about this lady who was about to get raped and she kept kicking and screaming, Help me, Jesus, and the guy just got fed up I guess and took off.”

“Okay. What then?”

“I dunno. That was the end of the story.”

“No. In the laundromat. What happened then?” 

To read the rest, head over to the Fictions and Dreamscapes Project on Patreon. If you like it, consider becoming a patron!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?