Thursday, April 30, 2015

New Horror Short Story on Patreon!

The new short story is up on Patreon! This week it's horror. 

Here's a preview:



Celia

A Dreamscapes Story
by Alicia VanNoy Call

When I get Celia's note on Friday afternoon, I'm not sure what to think. It's penned on the back of a receipt and scotch-taped to the fridge and it says: Meet me at this cabin for a romantic weekend. Let's rekindle our fire! XoXo! And it has directions. We weren't what you would call a fiery couple, even at the beginning, so I'm really not sure what to think.

But I don't think it's a plot to murder us. Of course I don't think that.

I send her a text. She doesn't reply, as usual. So I shave, turn off the coffee maker, put my email on autoreply, and gas up the car. I get a little lost on the drive, but a guy walking his dog next to the winding road points me in the right direction. By the time I'm pulling onto the unpaved road leading to the cabin, the sun is nearly down. The cabin sits back in the trees, with an awning of black branches curled overhead. Lightning bugs brush the tall grasses on either side.


I pull up to the front of the cabin and park sideways in the gravel. I've got my bag with a change of clothes and a dozen roses for Celia and when I climb onto the porch, I can see through the screen door into the living room. There's a sofa and two chairs around a fireplace and a little lamp on a side table. I can smell cinnamon potpourri. Celia is sitting in one of the chairs, her back to me...  

Want to read the rest? Click here to visit the Fictions and Dreamscapes project on Patreon. If you like it, or if it's just creepy enough to make you shiver, share with your friends and consider becoming a patron!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?