Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thank you, Robin


Drew this today, thinking about Robin, and how his passing has touched so many.

Talked with Geary about Vincent, and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, and how people are talking about mental illness now, because of Robin. And that's a blessing. In this tragic moment, when his family and friends are grieving, his life, his struggle and his death have opened a dialogue about depression and addiction and the price of genius and people are TALKING about it.

I texted my Auntie, the one I lived with when I was REALLY sick, and thanked her for saving my life. Here was her simple reply:

"Oh friend. I had help. You wanted to live. I am very glad you did. Love you."

I'm glad too.

Thank you, Robin. For a life well lived, and for a heart that we will never forget, and for inspiring people to get help.

5 comments:

What do you think?