Friday, August 1, 2014

Fans in . . . Russia?

So I was looking at my stats to figure out where traffic is coming from. My second highest audience is Russia, and I just do not get that. So I finally decided to follow the traffic source links and I got to a page on VK (Cyrillic letters), which informed me that it was Europe's biggest social network. The page was a Welcome to Night Vale public fan page with over 5,000 members. (Kenna, I thought of you.)

Here's where some of the recent traffic is coming from:


Someone has translated my Apocalyptic Nursery Rhymes into Russian (or Ukrainian, I don't really know the difference.) and shared them with the group. They also provided the link back here, upon request, leading people across cyberspace to my little corner of the void. Isn't that crazy? Some of the rhymes had hundreds of likes. I thought I would share them. If any of you know Russian, let me know what they say.









I'm kind of weirded out by this. Although it's cool. It just makes me go,


This is what I call an internet win.

15 comments:

  1. WOW.

    They look so cool with Russian. Awesome win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I haven't spoken in 6 years, so the translating might take a minute, but I can definitely read it to you and it all still rhymes! Where are the originals located?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! The originals are here, on Treading Words.

      Delete
  3. Awesome! I have a friend who speaks Russian, so if you don't end up finding anyone, I can ask him to translate for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler speaks Russian. But I know he's probably a little rusty.

      Delete
  4. That's crazy awesome! Who would have guessed you'd be famous in Russian Welcome to Nightvale circles? Ultimate Internet Win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenna, I'm surprised you didn't guess.

      Delete
  5. People in Russia are awesome. They recognize awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Yeah, it looks pretty sweet. It looks awesome!

      Delete

What do you think?