Friday, July 11, 2014

Paranormal Normal

Those of you who know me well know that I believe in what many refer to as "the paranormal." Curious as to what I believe in? Just ask me.



God?
Yes.
The Devil?
Hell yes.
Aliens?
Yep.
Ghosts.
Uh-huh.
Psychics?
Yes.
Government conspiracies?
Yes.
Dream interpretation?
Yep.
Magic?
That's right.
Animals experiencing complex emotions?
Yes.
Loch Ness? Santa? The Jersey Devil? Sasquatch?
Yes.
Seriously. Santa?
Fo' shizzle.
The Singularity?
Yes.
Evolution?
Yep.
Unicorns? Dragons? Angels? Demons? Nephilim? Giants? Talking animals?
Yes.
Time travel?
Yes.
Pure, untouched good? Total, consuming evil?
Yep.
String Theory?
Yes.
Miracles?
Oh yes.
Fortune cookies?
Yes.
That all sharks want to eat me?
YES.
Chakras?
Yep.
Telepathy? Telekinesis? Clairvoyance? Levitation?
Yes.
Mental illness?
Yes. (I have met people who don't believe mental illness exists. I know. I know.)
Whole planets besides ours populated with cities and people and technologies and animals we can't even imagine?
Yep.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Sometimes I'll show my husband and amazing photo and he'll say, "That's totally photoshopped."

And I feel sad for his skepticism.

I feel like I live in a world full of amazing things impossible to explain. I don't want to just look at a photo a dismiss it with a that's totally photoshopped. I like being thrilled and confused and a little bit terrified by things I don't understand. And the thing is, I don't consider these things paranormal. These things are normal. Just because we can't explain them doesn't mean they don't exist in this universe. To me, the universe is what it is, normal and brilliant and people only call things paranormal because they see these things and go, "Whaaaaaat?"

Sometimes I experience things that feel so surreal, see things that are so far outside my normal experience that I have a hard time explaining how strange they are to someone else.

This week I explored another world. A world so bizarre and beautiful that I am astounded by the achievements of human consciousness (like a computer in my pocket) at the same time that I'm just grateful to be on this amazing planet falling through space in an endless universe. And I brought back pictures!


















This is a world I return to again and again, to explore and appreciate. (But only on land, because I have a phobia.) I remain in awe at the things we can find on this planet which cause me to marvel. If you would like to read a sci-fi story I wrote about sanctuaries like this one, follow the link and hop over to Amazon to get my short story anthology: Quicksilver Breach. The story is called Priya, and the book is only $2.99. You can read it on your Kindle, or any major smart phone or tablet.




1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. You believe in God and evolution? Weird.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?