Thursday, June 5, 2014

Moving Pictures + Music = ART

So I'm deep into editing my novel, and I don't have anything interesting to write, besides the fact that my novel is AWESOME. So I thought I would present a list of creative things OTHER people have done.



Here is a list of some of my favorite music videos. Keep in mind, this is not a comprehensive list. This is also NOT a list of the most popular videos of all time, or the most critically acclaimed. These are MY favorites. I like them all for different reasons. Here are some things I enjoy that might give you a clue as to my taste: theatricality, innovation, artistic styling, quirkiness, musicality or virtuosity, or just plain beautiful imagery. Enjoy. And you're welcome.

Warnings on: You know, whatever, all the reasons our grandparents didn't approve of rock and roll in general and then music videos specifically: language, violence, sexual situations, disturbing imagery, etc, etc, etc.

These are all relatively recent, so I haven't included Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer, or Take On Me by A-Ha, or Thriller. (The title of each video will also be a link to that video, in case you are reading this blog post from a device that doesn't allow embedded vids.)


Walk Off The Earth - Little Boxes



Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death





Bat For Lashes - What's A Girl To Do?





Coldplay - The Scientist





Korn - Freak on a Leash




My Chemical Romance - Helena




Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice




Radiohead - Street Spirit (Fade Out)





The Strokes - You Only Live Once





For Evanscence - Going Under





Imagine Dragons - Radioactive





Muse - Knights of Cydonia





Nickel Creek - When In Rome



OK Go - End Love




What are your favorites?



1 comment:

  1. I love music videos. Thanks for this list!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?