Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Great Movies on Streaming Netflix That You've Never Heard Of

Apocalyptic Nursery Rhymes will resume next week. After a bout of illnesses in the family and now a death, things have been a little ... [enter appropriate word here]. I know I'm a writer, but guess what, I can't think of a good word to encompass everything going on, so come up with your own word.

In the meantime, I wanted to share a list of little-known movies that I found on streaming Netflix. They will please you. If you have taste like mine. That's a big IF. (See my list of favorite movies and shows to see if your taste is like mine. If it is, you'll like these.) Some of them aren't streaming anymore. Which is a shame. But if you have a complete Netflix account, you could order the DVDs. These movies are worth the effort.

And yes, I realize that you may have heard of these, BUT they aren't (weren't) popular, and saying you have never heard of them makes a better title for a blog post.

Here they are:



Phoebe in Wonderland
PG-13


Mary and Max
PG-13


The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
PG-13



The Giant Mechanical Man
PG-13



Castaway On The Moon
PG-13


Lars And The Real Girl
PG-13




Jeff Who Lives at Home
R

Timer
R


Melancholia
R



The High Cost of Living
R


Safety Not Guaranteed
R



So as I look over the list now, I realize that most of these are dramas with a little fantasy twist. And they ALL have something to do with connectedness. Weird. Guess those are the types of stories I like best. See you next week.


1 comment:

  1. This post could not have been timed better. I've been sitting in my house thinking, "I should put a movie on, but how do you find great movies on Netflix? I don't know, it's too hard to search...I guess I'll go outside." But now I have a whole list of movies! Maybe I won't even see the sun this week. Hooray!

    ;) Seriously, though, I love this list and will start working through it asap.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?