Saturday, February 1, 2014

Apocalyptic Nursery Rhymes

I grew up with nursery rhymes, like a lot of children. I should say, like a lot of children my age. I've noticed that not a lot of the millennial generation know a good number of nursery rhymes. That's sad to me.

I had this idea a couple of years ago. I would combine my love of classic children's literature with my love of black humor. Concepts like this (a series of nursery rhymes dealing with the end of days) occur naturally in a brain like mine, and the first few rhymes pretty much wrote themselves. I tried recruiting a friend of mine to do the illustrations, but he's too busy with his own projects to contribute, so I put the idea on the shelf for a while, while I finished school. A few weeks ago, the rhymes resurfaced in my brain and then came spilling out my ears. So here it is.

You can see the whole ongoing list right here.
Find them for sale on Etsy here.

Please share if you like them. Wouldn't it be fun to have these in a book?

Day 1 of the Apocalyptic Nursery Rhyme project:

Little Boy Blue

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I rarely get comments here. So nice to have someone say something :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing. I saw one of your comics on facebook, and I'm a fan. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can get the ANRs on Etsy now. :)
      https://www.etsy.com/shop/tangerineoctopus?section_id=17057860

      Delete

What do you think?