Thursday, March 1, 2012

Book Reviews for Feb 2012

The Wolving Time by Patrick Jennings

Paranormal drama set in the late 1500s. Highly recommended.

Warnings on: violence, disturbing imagery.

















Variant by Robison Wells

Dystopian thriller with a twisty ending. I liked it.  I would tell more, but I really don't want to give anything at all away.  Read it and tell me what you think.  There's a sequel, but it's only a series of two.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for that, Mr. Wells.

Also, Robison Wells is very nice. I met him in a corner at LTUE, after recognizing him from the photo on the back of his book (see those photos come in handy!) and we talked about his twisty ending. I told him I bought the ARC of Variant at a library book sale for a dollar. He was impressed.  Or grumpy.  Maybe both.  I would be grumpy.  And impressed.  Us writers love getting great books at a good price.  Alisha got an ARC of Cinder at that book sale and I was jealous.

I look forward to the sequel, called Feedback.  I will probably buy the regular copy at regular price.  Unless I find an ARC at a book sale.  You never know.  I want to see Variant as a movie.  I can definitely see it as a movie.  Even a mini-series!

Warnings on: Violence.

Drought by Pam Bachorz

Very strange pseudo-period romance. But it's sort of in the future. But it's not. But it is. Did I mention strange? I had some problems with it, but a lot of them stemmed from the ARC, which I'm sure were corrected in the final printing.

I think it's a series. We'll see where she takes it.

Warnings on: Violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?