Sunday, November 13, 2011

Teen Book Fest 2011


Teen Book Fest was held yesterday at the Provo Library. There were four authors there for a dystopian extravaganza. I am very impressed with the whole teen book experience that the library sets up every year. They had a number of fun activities that kids could participate in, from things based on The Hunger Games books, like archery contests, to creating crafts based on Matched. There were discussion panels, author signings and presentations as well as free book giveaways to every teen as long as the books lasted. I wish they had stuff like this when I was a kid.

Lish and I went with Tyler to see Ally Condie and meet some other new writers. There were SO many people there! We met Kari and her boyfriend Gage and they sat around with us, scoping out the teen bibliophiles and their parents (mostly moms). We met Elana Johnson, writer of Possession and heard her publishing story. She was very nice. Also, Kristen Landon who wrote The Limit was there, and she was nice too. I will post reviews of their books when I get a chance to read them.

We waited for quite a while to see Ally, but of course, it was worth it. She remembers us and is always so gracious. She signed copies of her new book Crossed for Cyndal and one for me and one for Lish. Someday maybe Ally and I will be signing books together. I'll keep dreaming. :)

Lish, Ally and me at Teen Book Fest 2011

3 comments:

  1. It was pretty much awesome! :) They said something about next year's theme being zombies. What do you think about zombie books? Just noticed your quotes, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMBIES! Omg, that would be awesome. I have a collection of zombie books. But I haven't read much YA zombie lit. There is one series I know of, The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan. You might like them.

    My brother gave me the most awful self-published zombie book for Christmas last year and I read it the next day and it was GREAT! I think zombie books are kind of like zombie movies. There are good ones, but most are pretty bad. Although, zombie short stories, there are lots of good ones out there.

    Have you read any? Zombie books I mean. What about zombie YA lit? Are you coming to the Provo Library book sale with us??

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I haven't. I'll try to this year though. Yes! I commented on that post too :) haha

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?