Sunday, August 28, 2011

To be alive is to be vulnerable

"When we were young, we used to think when we were grown up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability . . . To be alive is to be vulnerable." ~ Madeleine L'Engle, Walking on Water

For those of you who don't already know, my friend Renee Bhatti Klug has created a new community of women who share their stories of having overcome. I knew Renee in high school. I never knew her that well (she was much closer to my best friend Karla), but I was able to take a creative writing class with Renee many years ago and was very impressed with her spirit and her work. The community is called Anthem Exposition. She put out a call for submissions on FB and my essay happens to be the first one she published! I feel that Anthem Exposition is going to be a very good thing for a lot of people and I feel privileged to be a part of it.

Click here to read my essay.


1 comment:

  1. Lee,

    Your voice is powerful and a bright indicator of what is to come with Anthem Exposition. I invite you to continue contributing, and I thank you for sharing this site with your community of women.

    Much love,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?