Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Feet

So I've noticed lots of books with feet (or shoes) on the cover. This is a trend. I'm sure you've noticed it too. Maybe some of you remember how much I hate photos as the covers of books. There are a few exceptions to this hatred of mine, one of the exceptions being: feet. I don't know why. Well, maybe I do. I like feet. I like pictures of feet. Feet are weirdly fascinating. They're like hands... but not. Here are some of the covers I've run across. (This gallery of covers does not in any way attest to the quality of these books. I've only read two of them and I can only recommend one: The Anatomy of Wings.)

There's so many! And these are only a few...

















































































































































































So what do you think of all the feet? I think I'll make it a goal to have a book at some point with feet on the cover... or maybe I'll put together an anthology of short stories that all have feet in them!

Here are some of my photos of feet, which can be found in my photography gallery on deviantART. So you can see why I like these sorts of book covers...

















Moving At the Speed of Life













'Til the End of Never


















A Finer Shade of Clarity













Promise


















Rain 2


5 comments:

  1. "They're like hands...but not." Love that. Also, in judging books by their feet, I liked Time Traveler's Wife but not Belong to Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Emily! I have learned that you can't judge a book by its feet. But feet are so weirdly cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I think I saw my feet in there.... "Promise." Why promise? Can I ask? I love your photos of feet so much by the way. A lot a lot. Dude there are a LOT of feet-covered books... who knew! Oh. Looks like you did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Promise is just about friendship. Like the promise of a new friendship, you know?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those book covers and I love your pictures too. Just saying :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?