Friday, February 18, 2011

Book Review - Love, Stargirl

Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

Okay, so I wasn't expecting this book to be amazing. I loved the first book, Stargirl, but the sequel is presented in a different format, from Stargirl's point of view this time, written in letter form.

It takes place one year after the first book. Stargirl has moved away from Mica and is back in home school. She meditates, explores, makes new friends and thinks A LOT about Leo and how she still feels about him. I suppose it's a combination of the romantic in me and the reminder of how unconventional I was at that age, but I cried at the end of the book. Stargirl learns lesson at once simple and profound, and it's a good one.

I highly recommend the Stargirl books. As charming and multi-faceted as their non-conformist heroine, their message is ultimately one of love and being true to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?