Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Books

I found out that my daughter... MY daughter reads the last page of a book before she finishes the book. MY daughter.

"I don't read the last page first," she said. "I only read the last page when I get to a boring part in the book."

MY daughter.

"It's too much of a temptation," she confessed.

Still...

"I finished Uglies!" She was very excited to report it.

"Did you like it?" I wanted to know.

She nodded. "It was really good."

"Did you start Pretties?" I asked her.

"Well, I tried to start reading it at recess, then my friend came and started talking to me and telling me about how a bird pooped on her sister, so I got a little distracted. So I only read one page."

Rereading this still makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?