Thursday, September 2, 2010

Writing is Work!

So I've been working on short pieces for the university publications here at UVU: Touchstones and Warp&Weave. I have three stories to revise, a creative non-fiction piece and a couple of concepts to explore. I will also be submitting some poetry.

So the novel is on hold for a bit. But it's good. I think I needed a break from the heaviness of Eleanor's story.

Ty and Lish have been lecturing me on my love of the written word. They think I should change my major to creative writing. I've had a few professors mention similar notions. Their biggest reason: "You write for fun!" We'll see.

The new semester has started, so it's back to the old grindstone. I'll be busy mixing oil paints, cranking out 200 pages of sketchbook and rendering the human head until I never want to look at another head again. w00t!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?